Protagona was founded by passionate technologists and practitioners who have helped hundreds of organizations adopt the cloud. Over the last decade, we’ve built cloud service organizations, sought out sustainable technology practices and developed innovative solutions alongside our clients and partners.
We’ve seen the common challenges, successes and failures of implementing cloud transformation across a multitude of industries while witnessing the role people and culture play in the outcome. We certainly love technology, but our true passion is people—people who want to seed adoption and create sustainable change within their organizations. We believe in a world where cloud solutions can be implemented holistically, celebrating the importance of both people and tech. It is from this place that Protagona was born.
Our Core Values
As a cloud architect, your primary role will be to lead the technical direction for an engagement as you align with the client’s goals and business objectives. You will play a critical role in architecting all aspects of a cloud solution; security, performance, availability, maintainability and cost. All the while keeping the customer’s initial business objectives in mind.
Candidates should have a solid understanding of cloud architecture best practices and the ability to effectively communicate the proposed strategy to a client. The architect will be involved in all phases of a client engagement, from discovery through implementation. They will act as a technical mentor and support the delivery team throughout the engagement.
A cloud architect will be able to translate business objectives into an actionable backlog of deliverables with clear alignment to project stakeholders. As the backlog is executed, they will be responsible for the overall quality of work being delivered and making sure design considerations are being followed.
Cloud Architect Responsibilities
- Design and implement cloud based solutions tailored to meet specific client needs
- Automate the provisioning of cloud resources using industry standard tooling and methodologies
- Develop and execute an effective cloud migration strategy from planning to production
- Implement security best practices across a variety of frameworks and compliance environments
- Educate clients on best practices, industry trends and methodologies to ensure longterm sustainability
- Identify and optimize cloud environments for cost and performance
- Establish lasting client relationships based on trust and humility
- Act as a technical mentor to other architects/engineers within the company
- Contribute to the growth of the company through training, certifications and internal initiatives
- Have fun!
Desired Skills & Experience
- Architecting solutions to meet a variety of objectives in AWS
- Common Infrastructure-as-Code tools: Terraform, CloudFormation, Deployment Manager
- Configuration management tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Kubernetes configuration and deployment strategies
- Advanced understanding of network design and security best practices
- Experience working with common CI/CD applications: Jenkins, GitLab, CircleCI, TFS
- Working knowledge of common database platforms: MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres